Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wild things

The cedar waxwings are back, making themselves fat (and probably tipsy) on the grapes still present in great quantities on the vines that climb into the almond tree and onto the railing of my deck—elegantly dressed bandits in their black masks and grey morning coats traveling in big gangs.

The other returning visitors are the leaf-footed bugs that for reasons known only to them have found the inside of the metal reinforceing plate on my screen door to be an ideal home. They don't bother anything (leastways, not me), but I suppose they could be gathering their strength in preparation for an onslaught on some plant or other. I get an up-close-and-personal look at them, as they're usually clinging to the screen, making it easy to view both topside and underside.

I have images of both these critters, but there seems to be a glitch at blogspot HQ, and I haven't been able to add them to this post; thus the links. Maybe later . . . maybe tomorrow . . . maybe never. It's a virtual world thing.

No comments: