Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Tuesday aftermath

[N.B. This was written last night as an e-mail to the E Street caucus . . . ]

I worked the polls all day, got home about 9:40. My precint had 226 votes cast (Phil was one of 'em), not exactly a huge turnout but a lot of Absent Voters, too. So, the votes are in . . . I voted for Barack, having meditated, thought, prayed about it. Hillary seems to have taken California, good for her. I know Dorothy is pleased, and maybe Phil and Linda, too . . . maybe others? I'm not displeased, no matter who the Dems nominate will be strong. Look to beating McCain, since he appears to be the front-runner and the likely Republican candidate.

I'm blathering . . . long day . . . but momentum and attitude are everything; sometimes, with enough attitude, you don't even need momentum.

Let's work for change, no matter who brings it home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for working the polls.

This is by far the most interesting election since I moved to the US in 88.

My mother's voting for Obama on Sunday, having figured out she could switch in the Maine caucus from "decline to state" to "democrat" on the day. It's a sample size of one, but since I'm over 44 myself, make it two white women who voted for Obama not Clinton. Oh, plus you. Three. It's a movement.

;)

Infield Single said...

You can add another . . . my friend Donna's 85-year-old mom, Alberta. Alberta lives in Boise, and when Obama spoke at Boise State a couple of weeks ago, Alberta was up at 6:30 a.m. so her caretaker would have time to get her and her wheelchair into the car and over to the campus. Having the wheelchair helped; they went right to the head of the line, and Alberta sat way down front on the floor of the basketball pavilion. At one point, her caretaker noticed Alberta was crying. "What's the matter?" she asked. Replied Alberta: "I'm so happy!"