Monday, March 3, 2008

As I was saying before that interruption . . .

I bought these tulips from Annie Main at the farmers' market Saturday morning. Here's what they looked like then . . .
and here's what they looked like today . . .

I knew they'd blow up on me in practically no time, but I don't care . . . they are magnificent, even as they open wider and wider.

On Friday afternon, I put my sister on a plane back to Birmingham, England. She'd been visiting for two weeks, about half of which we spent in Southern California visiting relatives and friends, including our Aunt Marie, who turned 89 this past Sunday; our friend Ruth Schmitt, who will celebrate her 91st birthday later this month; and my sister's first meeting with my granddaughters, who are now 7 and 5 years old. All the traveling and visiting were the cause of my hiatus from this blog (I did have my computer but it turned out I had no way to access the Internet). Were this a perfect world, and I a perfect blogger, I would fill in the gaps with anecdotes and photos of her visit. But it's not likely to happen, at least not in any coherent way. Life moves on, and quickly, and there's nothing like keeping pace with the blog posts to bring that emphatically home.

Tomorrow the voters in Ohio and Texas may give us a clear front-runner for the Democratic nomination. I hope so; it's time to focus before McCain gets too much of a head start telling voters how much better he is at national security than either of the Dems. Sorry, John; promising me eternal war doesn't make me feel all that secure. It's time for a change.

2 comments:

The Fevered Brain said...

Well, alright. The visit of a sister is an acceptable excuse for leaving your faithful readers hanging in suspense as to your whereabouts and what-abouts. As I said to Pica, blogs are the way I keep in touch with everyone when I'm out of telephone range.

Infield Single said...

And a good system it is, too. Trouble was, I had the laptop but no access to the wide, wide world of the web. So Mr. Wonderful went for a nice ride to SoCal and back, but he slept the entire time.