Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks. A lot.

For lots of things, I'm thankful. In no particular order . . . Barack Obama. Davis, a town still small enough to have edges to ride my bicycle beyond. Baseball in general, the San Francisco Giants in particular, and the proximity of AT&T Park. Netflix. UC Davis, which gave me 31 years of employment and now provides me with a pension and health insurance AND dental insurance AND vision insurance (how did I get so lucky?). Trees. Dear family, great friends, good neighbors. Movie theaters within walking distance. Ditto bookstores. The Co-op. The Perfect Chair, and a warm bed, which I am now headed to.

P.S. Speaking of fall color, as I was yesterday, here's the view out my back window . . .

1 comment:

The Fevered Brain said...

OK, Thanksgiving has passed and the "other" holiday has arrived. Your faithful readers have waited almost a month to learn of your various antics. So what's happening with you? I'm far away and eager to know. Happy holidays, whatever you're celebrating!