Thursday, March 13, 2008

Changing the subject

If I talk (or even think) about politics any more for a while, I may commit a violent act. Spring is so much more, well, springy. Here's what it looks like these days in my front yard . . .



My sister knows the name of these orange-red flowers, and she told me what it is, but I didn't write it down and now I've forgotten. All I remember is it starts with a "C" and has at least three syllables, more likely four.


These little flowers, ranging from lavender through pale, pale blue to white, appear every year. I have no idea what they are, but I love them; they're thick on my street in the parking strip between the curb and the sidewalk. Like walking through a field of stars.

3 comments:

The Fevered Brain said...

Oh, I'd love to be there right now. I bet my wisteria is blooming like crazy. Here? Cactus. And I agree about politics. Another cactus.

Infield Single said...

I wish you were here, too! When, exactly, will you be back among us?

The Fevered Brain said...

We'll be back about the 15th of May. Maybe earlier, but surely by then.