Monday, April 7, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

Today was Opening Day at AT&T Park: Giants vs. the San Diego Padres. Gishi, Liese, Wayne and I sat in the bleachers, drank a couple of beers, ate Crazy Crab sandwiches, peanuts and sunflower seeds and had a wonderful time. Sun was shining, the ball yard and the bay sparkled, the crowd was happy, Matt Cain and Greg Maddux were dueling on the mound, and all was right with the world.


The Giants lost, 8-4, but this team in this season being what it is, we didn't expect to win, really. And truly, we didn't care; just being out there amongst all the other Giants fans in their orange and black, cheering each time one of our guys did something hopeful, chanting "Let's go, GI-ants!" and stomping our feet to encourage the team, was plenty satisfying.

And for me, a bonus: a new Giants jacket!

Right after this picture was snapped, Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow walked past us. Liese blew him a kiss, I shouted "We love you, Mike!" and he blew us a kiss right back. If we couldn't get a win, a day at the game with friends, a new jacket, and Mike Krukow was consolation a-plenty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I thought about you yesterday, making the trek down there. I was sad but not surprised they lost (actually I was more surprised they scored four runs, which is double the expectation these days).

Nice jacket, Babs.