Friday, October 24, 2008

Street scene

It hasn't been cold enough to make it feel like fall is really here (and I'm hoping the warm days last at least through tomorrow, when I'm doing a 60-mile bike ride). Nevertheless, the trees in my neighborhood are beginning to turn color—not dramatically yet, and they certainly never do anything resembling the blaze of glory back East, or even in Boise, but still, they're changing. I took a few pictures today around noon; you can see for yourself . . .

This is the hackberry in front of the house . . .


And this is the little Japanese maple (at least I think that's what it is) in the front yard . . .

Out on the deck, in the back of the house, you can see the crape myrtle through the railing . . .

And here's the lovely wind chime gong Fred and Jen gave me for Christmas a few years ago . . .

Warm days, blue skies, clear nights. Is this Indian summer?

2 comments:

The Fevered Brain said...

Across town in my neighb, the Chinese pistache trees are turning red way at the top, but other than that, the wind has blown all the leaves off. Trees are looking dusty and brown instead of russet and glowing. Yes, it's an Indian summer over here, too.

Infield Single said...

My bike ride today took me up into the hills west of here; many of the trees up there had leaves changing color. The best time of year to be on a bicycle.